All of the computers at the Downtown Campus Library and Evansdale Library have Kurzweil 3000 installed, in addition to the freely available accessibility tools built into PCs and Macs. To use Kurzweil 3000, users must obtain a password from the Office of Accessibility Services. A CCTV magnifier is available on the fourth floor of the Downtown Campus Library. If you need assistance retrieving books, making photocopies, or have additional questions, please contact:
- Downtown Campus Library
- Beth Toren
- (304) 293-0336
- Evansdale Library
- Beth Royall
- (304) 293-9755
- Health Sciences Library
- Virginia Desouky
- (304) 293-1921
Assistive technology hardware and software are available on dedicated workstations at the Evansdale Library and Health Sciences Library. For access to and training on these programs, and for more information, please visit the Office of Accessibility Services, 215 Student Services Center, (304) 293-6700, email@example.com
Downtown Campus Library & West Virgina and Regional History Center
- Several designated parking spaces for people with disabilities are located in the Mountainlair parking garage near the Downtown Campus Library.
- Drop off and pick up areas are located in the alley behind the Downtown Campus Library and on Willey Street in front of White Hall.
- Entrance and exit ramps make the library accessible from both Prospect Street and University Avenue.
- The West Virginia and Regional History Center and Special Collections is located on the 6th floor of the Downtown Campus Library.
- Accessible parking spaces can be found beside the library in lot 44.
- All three Evansdale Library floors are wheelchair accessible and meet ADA architectural standards.