Honor Your Favorite Librarian!
The WVU Library Faculty Assembly announces the opening of nominations for the Outstanding Librarian Award. This award is presented once every three years to recognize exceptional contributions toward the delivery, development, or expansion of library services or special programs for the constituencies of WVU. Attributes sought in the finalist may include leadership, initiative, creativity, dedication, and exemplary attitude. The award is open to both current and retired WVU library faculty.
Nominations will be accepted from WVU administration, faculty, and staff and must be submitted on the official nomination form by February 15, 2016.
Download the Nomination Form:
- Extraordinary and enduring service facilitating the attainment of the missions and goals of WVU Libraries. Innovative and sustained accomplishments in public, technical, and other areas may include but are not limited to:
- An exemplary body of work which serves as a model for others.
- Significant research and publication.
- Substantial involvement in organizations which serve to promote libraries locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Improving library user education.
- Facilitating faculty teaching and research.
- Increasing outreach to non local users.
- Outstanding management and delivery of existing services.
- Selection and organization of library materials.
Nominations must be submitted on an official nomination form to the Chair of the Library Faculty Assembly. The name of the nominator will be identified on only the cover sheet of the nomination form.
- Open to all current and retired Library faculty who have been employed by WVU Libraries for at least two years.
- Current Awards Committee members and the current Library Faculty Assembly chair are not eligible to receive nominations for this award. The Dean and Associate Dean are not eligible to receive this award.
- November 2, 2015 Nominations open.
February 15, 2016 Deadline for nominations.
To be considered, the nomination must be received by the Library Faculty Assembly chair on the official nomination form no later than this date.
- April 1, 2016 Announcement of winner.
- April or May, 2016 Award presentation and reception.
Library Faculty Assembly Chair: