Open Textbooks at WVU Libraries
- Open Textbook Network Faculty Workshop, Sept 7, 2016
- More to come
What are Open Educational Resources (OER)?
- According to the Hewlett Foundation:
- OER are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and re-purposing by others. Open educational resources include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge. - Open Education Resources
- For more information on the value of open educational resources to WVU, check out:
"Why Openness in Education?" by David Wiley & Cable Green in Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies. Educause Publications.
Open Education at WVU
- WVU Digital Publishing Institute
- WVU Teaching and Learning Commons
- Textbook Affordability - WVU Office of the Provost
- Open Access Textbooks
Learn About Open Education
Open Textbook Libraries
The WVU Libraries are currently focused on promoting the use of open textbooks on campus; however, plans are being made to support open textbook publishing in the future. If you have questions about open publishing, please contact us.
-- Contents selected by members of the WVU Libraries Open Education Resources Committee --