Open Textbooks at WVU Libraries
What are Open Educational Resources (OER)?
- According to the Hewlett Foundation:
- OER are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and re-purposing by others. Open educational resources include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge. - Open Education Resources
- For more information on the value of open educational resources to WVU, check out:
"Why Openness in Education?" by David Wiley & Cable Green in Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies. Educause Publications.
Open Education at WVU
- WVU Digital Publishing Institute
- WVU Teaching and Learning Commons
- Textbook Affordability - WVU Office of the Provost
- Open Access Textbooks
- Open Educational Resources Research Guide
Learn About Open Education
Open Textbook Libraries
Search for Open Textbooks
The WVU Libraries are currently focused on promoting the use of open textbooks on campus; however, plans are being made to support open textbook publishing in the future. If you have questions about open publishing, please contact us.
-- Contents selected by members of the WVU Libraries Open Education Resources Committee --