Laptop computers are available for checkout from the Downtown Campus Library to all WVU students, faculty and staff (Users).
- Users must present their WVU ID to check out a laptop.
- While a laptop is in a User’s possession, the User shall be responsible for it at all times. If the laptop is lost, stolen or damaged, the User shall be responsible for any repair or replacement costs. Users should not leave laptops unattended.
- Laptops are for library use only. Users are not permitted to remove the laptop from the library premises.
- Laptops are due by close of the day they are checked out.
- Laptops must be returned to the Access Services desk.
- If the laptop is not returned to the Access Services desk by the time the Library closes, the User will be charged a replacement fee plus overdue fine and/or prosecuted pursuant to applicable Federal, State and/or Local laws and/or WVU Policies.
- While on a laptop, Users should save all their work to a flashdrive, other storage area or email documents to themselves. WVU Libraries is not responsible for any material left on the laptop.