Access Services is located on the first floor of the Downtown Campus Library. This department checks library materials in and out, manages course reserves, and oversees library study rooms.
For more information, please see:
- Borrowing Services: Learn about loan periods and limits, how to renew books, and borrowing from other libraries.
- Students: Find articles, books, and other materials online and in the library put on reserve by your professors.
- Faculty: Place articles, books, and media on reserve for your students.
- Study Room Reservations: Need a place to study? Use our online reservation system to reserve a study room in the Downtown Campus Library.
Reference librarians provide group instruction to teach research strategies, the use of library systems to retrieve information, evaluation of sources, and the ethical use of information.
Faculty members who teach classes requiring a research paper or project are encouraged to schedule a library instruction session. Most sessions are conducted in the Downtown Campus Library Computer Classroom (Room 136). Please phone the Reference Desk at (304) 293-3640 to schedule library instruction, and please make reservations at least 2 weeks in advance.
Students can earn one hour of credit and gain library research skills by enrolling in ULIB 101, Introduction to Library Research. Traditional classroom and eCampus sections are offered each semester.
The Downtown Campus Library offers:
- multimedia and classroom equipment for WVU students, staff, and faculty to check out
- assistance using multimedia software and hardware
- classroom instruction for faculty who wish to assign multimedia projects
- poster printing
- Individual research help is offered at the Research Desk in the center of the first floor.
- Visit in person or phone (304) 293-3640.
- Librarians are available from 9 AM until 9 PM on weekdays and on weekend afternoons. Graduate assistants are on duty until midnight on weekdays and 11 PM on Sunday.
On-demand research help is also offered by text and chat message.
- Text-a-Librarian at (304) 220-0919.
- Or use the chat box on the Ask-a-Librarian page.
For more in-depth research assistance, please phone the Research Desk to schedule a consultation with a subject librarian or use the research consultation request form to make an appointment.