Evansdale Library provides designated spaces and display cases on the main floor to exhibit approved work by West Virginia University faculty and students for limited periods of time. Please follow the steps below to request exhibit space and/or cases.
- Exhibition requests may be made by WVU students, faculty, or librarians to display appropriate content in our designated display areas and cases.
- The library strives to strike a balance among Evansdale colleges/divisions/departments and library needs. However, in most cases, student or faculty displays related to coursework, capstones, or research take precedence over library displays.
- All potential exhibitors must complete the online application.
- All applicants must complete the Exhibit Release Form and submit it to an Evansdale Library Reference Librarian. The Release Form releases the library from liability for damaged, lost, or stolen exhibit items within the library, and delineates other institutional conditions that affect the approval of the request.
- Exhibition requests are processed on a first-come/first-available basis.
- Your request is not complete until you received a confirmation or denial from the library.
- We recommend reservations be made at least 14 days in advance of the desired start of the exhibit.
- If furniture needs to be moved, we need to be informed ahead of time and we will move them safely without damaging the floor or the unit. Staff will move furniture, not the exhibitors.
- Exhibitors should not to leave irreplaceable, expensive items on display, particularly outside the cases.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls outside of the exhibit cases. No nails, picture hangers, etc.
- Inappropriate or hazardous items that we will not display include chemicals, flames, sharp items, liquids, dirt, soil or sand, open top batteries, and the like.
- Display items must be removed by the day following the last day of the exhibit.
All displays and exhibitions must be on the main floor only, in designated areas, as indicated on the following map. These areas--to present costume manikins, easels, and other free-standing items--are lettered "A-F." "A" encompasses the area adjacent to the wall glass cases and other display cases. "B" refers to the area of the pine wood display cases. "C" is the exhibit area by the 4 lounge chairs and coffee table. "D" applies to the tile area near the entrance to the library. "E" refers to the tile area close to the Snack Room. And "F" refers to the space adjacent to the wall of the Digital Projects Area, facing the front entrance. (Select the image to launch a new browser window with a larger image of the display areas.)
There are currently 8 display cases available. All are lockable. There are two paired wall glass cases for posters, numbered "1" Left and "2" Right. There is a tall 3-shelf standing glass case, numbered "3," and a glass table case, numbered "4."
Each paired, wall glass case (1, 2) has a usable area of approximately 45 inches high by 45 inches wide per square.
The standing glass case (3) with three glass shelves has approximately the following usable space: height 60 inches, width 22 inches, depth 22 inches.
The glass table case (4) has a usable display height of approximately 10 inches, with a width of 46 inches and a depth of 22 inches.
Wire book display holders are available for use within the display cases.
There are also 4 adjacent units of 2-door pine wood display cases with glass front and glass shelves. These are numbered "5", "6", "7", and "8", from left to right.
Each unit of the pine wood display case is approximately 74 inches high, 33 inches wide, and 16 inches deep. There are six shelves per unit, including four adjustable glass shelves.
Complete and submit the online Request form.
Waiver & Release Form
All applicants must print and complete the Exhibit Release Form and submit the physical form to an Evansdale Library Reference Librarian for review and decision. You will then receive an email confirming or denying your request.
After submitting the online form, you will receive an e-mail from Reference Services to confirm or deny your request. Your reservation will not be finalized until you receive this confirmation. If your request is approved, you will need to meet with a designated Reference Librarian for your exhibit to complete the Release Form and finalize the exhibit dates.