The Service Desk is located just inside the main doors of the Evansdale Library. Access Services Staff and Student Assistants:
- check out library materials, interlibrary loan (ILLiad) and E-ZBorrow materials, laptop computers, headphones, CD players, and course reserve items
- answer questions and assist with equipment
- handle requests for items from other universities
- search for missing items
- handle renewal requests
A valid ID is needed to check out library materials. For more information, call the Service Desk (304) 293-9759 or visit our Borrowing pages.
- Instructors should complete the reserve processing form and submit it at the Evansdale Library Access Services desk well in advance of the date that the students will need the materials.
- Reserve materials are available for check out at the Evansdale Library Access Services desk.
- A valid Mountaineer Card must be presented at the time of service in order to check out reserve material.
- Materials on reserve at the Evansdale Library are for courses that are taught on the Evansdale Campus. These may consist of books, journal articles, sample tests, lecture notes, homework solutions, CDs, cassette tapes, albums, videocassettes and DVDs. Equipment to use the audio or video materials in the library may be checked out at the Access Services desk.
- Some reserve materials are Library Use Only. These items have a 2 hour loan and must stay in the building. A few reserve materials may be checked out for 7 days.
- Electronic reserves are available on the web.
- For more information about course reserves, please contact Kenny Wright at (304) 293-9752 or Kenneth.Wright@mail.wvu.edu. You also can contact Karla McGraw at (304) 293-9749 or Karla.McGraw@mail.wvu.edu.
Study Room Reservations
Need a place to study? Use our online reservation system to reserve a study room in the Downtown Campus Library.
Several types of group instruction are available:
- building tours
- computer workshops
- course-integrated instruction
- special topics
Sessions can be conducted in the Evansdale Library computer lab by reservation. Sessions can also be conducted in departmental classrooms.
Instruction or tours should be prearranged by calling the Evansdale Library Reference Desk at (304) 293-4695.
Patent and Trademark Resource Center
The Patent and Trademark Resource Center at the Evansdale Library provides access to and training about patent and trademark resources.
Call Marian Armour-Gemmen (304) 293-9758 or email her at Marian.Armour-Gemmen@mail.wvu.edu, or call the Evansdale Reference Desk at (304) 293-4695 for an appointment.
- The Evansdale Library provides individual research assistance and instruction in the use of library resources at Research Services located at the Service Desk on the First Floor.
Research Services hours for Spring, except during breaks are:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 AM - 9 PM
- Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday: 2:30 PM - 5 PM
- Sunday: 3:30 PM - 8 PM
- Call (304) 293-4695 or visit our Ask a Librarian page.
- For comprehensive research you may wish to schedule an appointment with a librarian. The Research Services Staff can refer you to librarians with appropriate expertise.