About the Health Sciences Library
The Health Sciences Library supports the schools of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Public Health at the WVU Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center.
- Research Services, (304) 293-6810, HSLinfo@mail.wvu.edu
- Access Services, (304) 293-1933, HSLcirculation@mail.wvu.edu
- Fax, (304) 293-5995
WVU Health Sciences Library
Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center
One Medical Center Drive
P.O. Box 9801
Morgantown, WV 26506-9801
Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506
The Health Sciences Library is located on the 2nd floor of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center (North), in the Learning Center above the Pylons atrium.
Take the stairs in the middle of the atrium to the 2nd floor and turn left to the library entrance.
From I-79 North or South
- Traveling on Interstate 79 South from Pennsylvania Take exit 155 (Star City). Turn left at the end of the off-ramp.
- Traveling on Interstate 79 North Take the third Morgantown exit 155 (WVU). Bear to the right coming off the ramp.
Continue on this road bearing to the right at the bottom of the hill. Cross the bridge, and proceed straight through the first traffic light, passing Texas Roadhouse on the right. Get in the left lane, then turn left at traffic light #2 (WVU Coliseum is on the right). Get into the right lane and proceed through the next 3 traffic lights. Turn right at the fourth light into the large parking lot (Area 81).
From I-68 West
Traveling on Interstate 68 West from Maryland or Eastern West Virginia
The library is located near the Hospitals and WVU Football Stadium. Follow Pierpont Road exit 7 (WVU exit). Turn right at the stop sign and get into the left lane. Continue on this road through the traffic light until you reach the bottom of the hill and turn left at the second traffic light on 119 South. Get into the right lane and follow the road as it proceeds up the hill. Proceed straight through the next traffic light. Make a right turn at the next traffic light onto the Chestnut Ridge Road/Route 705 West. Proceed straight through the next four traffic lights. At the fifth traffic light get into the left turning lane and turn left. Go about 100 yards and turn left into the large parking lot (Area 81).
From Mountaineer Station or the PRT
From Mountaineer Station take the elevator to the 7th floor. Follow the covered walkway through the PRT station and up to the Learning Center entrance.
Public parking is available in the Mountaineer Station Parking Garage, number 86 on this map of WVU Health Sciences and Law School parking lots.
- To take the elevator to the library, go to the back of the Pylons atrium and take the elevators on the left to the 2nd floor. Go left and then take an immediate right. Proceed down the hallway to the Health Sciences Library entrance through the glass doors.
- The main floor of the Health Sciences Library is wheelchair accessible.
- Accessible parking is available in Lot 81, Mountaineer Station and HSC Patient Parking areas.
- For more information about accessibility at the Health Sciences Library, contact Virginia Desouky at (304) 293-1921.