The goal of the course is to prepare students to make both immediate and lifelong use of information in an efficient and effective way.
This course focuses on finding, assessing and using information to foster critical thinking. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Provide a rationale for the idea that not all information is created equal
- Distinguish the differing strengths of various types of information sources
- Locate efficiently a range of appropriate information sources
- Critique information sources considering appropriate evaluative elements
- Create and share information appropriate to a purpose using a web-based application
- Cite the information sources properly to avoid plagiarism