Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support
The OCIS team is committed to providing high-quality and collegial instructional support for WVU Libraries’ curriculum and instruction programs and projects and librarian professional development related to curriculum and instruction. The Office also works to develop strong relationships and collaboration regarding instruction throughout the WVU Campus. Our work is grounded in sound pedagogical theories; effective instructional design principles; and, a thorough knowledge of information literacy.
This Office Can:
- Provide Peer Coaching and Support for Instruction and Presentations.
- Assist with Creating Information Literacy Lesson Plans and Assessments
- Advise and Consult on Effectively Adding Information Literacy to Your Course
- Assist with Planning Long-Term Information Literacy Projects and Solutions
Head, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support
- Leads the development, design, implementation, and assessment of instruction and instructional objects within the Libraries and with our collaborative partners.
- Builds cross-campus relationships between WVU Libraries’ instructional initiatives and appropriate WVU constituents.
- Investigates solutions to information literacy instruction challenges across Campus.
Instructional Design Assistant
- Assists in the development and implementation of instructional objects for WVU Libraries and teaching librarians as well as for faculty/staff collaborations.
- Administers ULIB courses in Blackboard eCampus and the Springshare LibGuides.
- Serves as the SLI Coordinator for ULIB courses.