Library resources and services for distance learning students and faculty.
Request books, dvds, and other items using ILLiad to receive them by mail. Illiad can allso be used to request articles or book chapters. Articles and book chapters will be delivered electronically; books and other loans will be mailed to the user's home address.
To register with ILLiad as a Distance Learning user:
- Select the status Distance Ed.
- Choose Downtown Campus Library for the delivery location. (Items will be mailed.)
- Ten books or dvds, per semester, are free. After ten items, the user is responsible for paying return postage.
- Journal articles, book chapters, and other items posted electronically through ILLiad are free. There is no limit to the number of journal articles or book chapters that may be requested.
- Library materials that do not circulate, including reference materials and rare books, cannot be borrowed through the Libraries' distance learning services.
- Items owned by WVU have the same loan periods for both on-campus and distance learning faculty, staff, and students. See Borrowing Services for detailed information.
- Renew items borrowed from the WVU collections through the library catalog.
- Items that are recalled may not be renewed.
- Request renewals for items borrowed through interlibrary loan from other libraries by emailing ILLDowntown@mail.wvu.edu. The lending institution must approve all renewals so the process can take longer and renewals are never guaranteed upon request.
Distance learning services are provided to WVU students, staff, and faculty:
- currently enrolled in or teaching an online class OR a course that is offered by WVU Morgantown at a remote location
- residing outside of a 25 mile radius from Morgantown.
Extension faculty and staff, outside of Monongalia county, and students on rural rotations are also eligible for distance learning services.
WVU students and faculty participating in study abroad programs are also eligible for distance learning services.
To register with ILLiad as a Study Abroad user:
- Select Study Abroad as your status
- Choose Downtown Campus Library for the delivery location.
If you are already registered for interlibrary loan, you must email ILLDowntown@mail.wvu.edu to change your status to Distance Ed or Study Abroad.
See our Library Services for Study Abroad LibGuide for additional resources and information.
Send an email with as much specific detail or information about your topic as possible, where you have looked, and what you are hoping to find.
Still have questions? Contact:
Director of Operations and Resource Sharing
Phone: (304) 293-0318